Framed canvas print | Specs
Printing method: Giclée. This means your print is a gallery-quality reproduction of my original painting. It is fade-proof, high resolution, and highly pigmented. You’ll get all the colour and tone variations, details and visual texture of the original painting and your print will look fantastic, forever.
- The print size ordered is equal to the canvas size.
- The canvas is 1.5" (38mm) deep.
- The frame profile is 0.5” (1.2cm) wide with a 0.2" (0.5cm) gap between the canvas and frame. So, for the total size including the frame, add 1.4” (3.6cm) to both dimensions given in the product listing.
Materials: Finely textured artist-grade cotton canvas. The canvas is stretched over a timber frame made from kiln-dried European knotless pine.
Canvas weight: 400gsm (grams per square metre). This means it is a high-quality heavyweight canvas that will be robust, durable and hold its shape.
Canvas design: The canvas frame is finger jointed to resist warping and milled with a curved profile; minimising contact with the face of the canvas.
Canvas finish: The canvas is hand-finished, ensuring that each corner fold is perfectly smooth and tight. The canvas is museum wrap, which means that the artwork is printed on the front of the canvas and the edges are finished in white.
Floating frame design: The thin frame sits approximately 0.2" (0.5cm) from the edge of the canvas, to create a floating border. The frame profile is 2” (5.3cm) deep and 0.5” (1.2cm) wide. There is no glazing.
- FSC certified timber for the frame, canvas frame and packaging. This means it was sourced from sustainable forests.
- Vegan friendly, no animal products used.
- Printed using water-based inks. This means the ink used does not contain the toxic chemicals and plastics that solvent-based inks do.
Packaging: Delivered to you in a rigid, double-wall corrugated cardboard box, ensuring maximum protection.
Delivery: Your print will be made in the print studio closest to you (UK, NL, USA or AU). This is greener and faster, helping to avoid global supply chain hold-ups or customs problems.